Instagram update

Instagram Updates! Follow me at @artzbrat

Monday 9 March 2015

Travel guide to Hong Kong with Baby



This is my little Della's first virgin flight and we are off to HongKong! The land of dimsum and tower-studded skyline! I guess nursing my baby really soothes her to bed, so that I can enjoy a movie onboard my SQ flight. Such an angel #mybelladella! :)





{ STAYS }


Checked into Langham Place (located at 555 Shanghai street). This is a 5***** hotel located in the vibrant stretch of Mongkok area, famous for its endless shopping streets and eats. The receptionist kindly included a baby cot and even baby bathtub plus baby toiletries for us knowing that we are travelling with an infant. How meticulous!



As it was raining heavily and being a really chilly morning, I decided to snuggle in with baby for a mini bonding time and plan out my shopping route. A local sim card can be purchased quite cheaply for those who wants to stay connected with those back home.





Della love the plush comfy bed! Nothing beats crisp white linen bedsheets!






Awww... those cutey eyes! <3


{MUST EAT FOODS}




Met my Hongkie secondary school mate, Kachi, for a catchup over lunch at Tsui Wah Cha Chann Teng (a local HongKong cafe). Alot of tourists and locals flock to Tsui Wah for its awesome yummy fishball noodles and Bo Luo Yiu. You won't miss this as there are many branches all across the island.






This is the hotel's breakfast spread inside Langham Place, nothing 5***** about it really, not even the 1* Michelin - Ming Court dimsum is anything wow to rave about. And the only reason why we are dining here is because of fact that we were up at 7am and it was rainy weather. We reckon that the other cafes near our hotel were not open yet.






The one HongKong cafe that you must visit is Australia Dairy Company! Many bloggers have been here, reviewed and tested it. I must say that this really lives up to its hype. Nevermind the snaking long queue because before you know it, it will be your turn to order. I dare say give yourself a 10-15min wait and you will get your seats already. That is because the concept here is, Order-Eat-Pay and Go! Haha! Everything is so chop chop, fast and efficient, just like their MTR!






The must-trys are the scrambled eggs toast set. Be sure to try the milk pudding as well, it simply melts in your mouth! Super delicious! 


Australian Dairy Company

47 Parkes Street

Jordan, Hong Kong

Tel: +852 2730 1356

Nearest MTR: Jordan





I had the privilege of checking out my secondary school friend's pad over at Tseung Kwan O neighborhood. But before that, he brought us to his regular dinner haunt which is just a 5-min walk down his residence which links to the mall. Pretty much like staying on top of the Ion Mall I will say. Such convenience! I will let the food pictures do the talking. Every dish was really good.


XX

xx

xx

xx

xx






The next morning, we met up with my cousin, Cwan, who lives in HongKong. She brought us to this amazingly yummy local dimsum joint called Chung's Cuisine located at Kowloon Bay. We had so much food for less than HK$300 in total. Great value!


Chung's Cusine

Shop G01, G/F, One Kowloon,

1 Wang Yuen Street, Kowloon Bay

Tel: +852 830 8010

Nearest MTR: Kowloon Bay






When travelling with an infant, there will be times when you just want comfort. And nothing beats the comfort of in-room dining! Haha! Thankfully, DaddyWu was sweet enough to dapao (do a takeaway) some lovely breakfast options from the nearby Tsui Wah restaurant so that I can nurse my baby anytime on the big comfortable bed when she needs to. Check out the kickass huge bread bun... it was almost the same size as my face! (O.O)



{SHOPPING}


Trying out a pair of Camper burgundy booties at the Langham Place Mall which was just downstairs our hotel. Yay or Nay?





This is the famous Ladies' Market (女人街) You can't miss this! A must-visit for all tourists to comb through the streets to have smell of HongKong, and to get some cheap souvenirs back for your friends and family.





My HongKong shopping hauls! Oh I bet you are going to ask what those interesting looking toys memorabilia are... Since I didn't bring my toddler son on this trip, we had to get him some gifts to make him happy! My cousin brought us to In's Point (located at 530-580 Nathan Road) to recce through the toys heaven and we hulled back a R2D2 Robot which was in actual fact, a rubbish bin in disguise! Haha! What a conversational piece it would make! 


The shoes (3 pairs for myself and 1 for the hubby) were from JipiJapa (made in HongKong) and has excellent workmanship! After giving birth twice, my feet swelled abit and these shoes are super comfy! You have to visit this shoe shop when you are there! Btw, the hubby's pair were from Camper and a steal too <$HK900 considering that it was a genuine calf leather pair. 


3CE is a very famous Korean cosmetics brand that has shops in HongKong but none yet in Singapore. Inevitably, I had shopping orders asking me to buy their concealer and range of lipsticks which are pretty good to use. I have yet to try it personally. 


For HK souvenirs, please do not leave without buying Hang Heung 老婆餅 (Lao Bo Bing or Wife's biscuits). These are the best in town and they have one outlet at 579 Nathan Road, Shop 1, Mongkok, Exit A1.





Della snoozed off to lala-land in her tiny SG50 red pod after endless walking and shopping. ZZz...




Thank you Cwan cuzzie for the ultra funky hot pink Adidas jacket for Della! She is so gonna rock it when she turns 2! Haha! She will wear it the next time she returns to HongKong ok? ;P



On the last day before we checked out of the hotel, we went up to the Chuan Spa to have a bird's eye view of the neighborhood. The weather has been really chilly even though it was already March.




Alas, time to bid HongKong goodbye! Little Della is so sweet once again. She napped for 2 hours onboard after lunch is served so that I can enjoy another movie by one of my fave HK actor, Donnie Yen. That is her waking up just after the captain made the landing announcement. Seeya HK, real soon, hopefully I can post something about Disneyland the next trip! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...